How many authors right now have a barrel load of wonderful books they have sweated blood over to polish and publish, and not a brass nickel to their name?
It is not that their book is not worthy of attention - they just have never focussed on building an avenue to let people know what's on offer.
Someone asked me why so many great writers never make any money with their art. My answer? Because creating the book is only 20% of the equation - the other 80% is getting the book into the hands of your readers!
This is one of the reasons so many promotional services have sprung up, and Facebook, Bookbub and Amazon are making a killing with authors paying through the nose to advertise on their platforms.
Think about it. Many indie authors look back at their first Bookbub promo as THE turning point in their entire business. One email blast transformed their fortunes overnight!
And what is Bookbub? Nothing more than a targeted list of hungry readers.
YOUR author email list is your own personal Bookbub!
It is the difference between BOOM or BROKE - and even more so as Amazon and other sites make unforeseen changes in the way they sell and promote your books.
True, we are thankful for the selling engine of Amazon's algorithm. We love the targeting we can enjoy with paid Facebook ads. But no one wants to be a slave to those things, living in fear of another algorithm tweak, or another price hike in ad costs.
Your author email list is your ticket out of dependence on others to sell your books, putting you back in the driving seat, and firmly placing control in your hands where it belongs.